STOP. PLEASE READ.
This is an Open Competition subject to the following restrictions:
* No purchase is necessary to apply for an Award under this Competition. This Competition is void where prohibited by Law.
* Competitors must be 18 years or older.
* Only one Registration Form may be submitted per person for the duration of the Competition.
* Team work is encouraged. A Competitor that wishes to work with a team must list his or her team members in the space provided on the Registration Form. Team members cannot register separately as individual Competitors and will not be recognized as Competitors.
* Awards are non-assignable and non-transferable. Any Awards issued by the Sponsor shall be to a registered Competitor only.
* Competitors remain anonymous to the Jury until the Jury has made its selections.
Competitors that submit incomplete Registration Forms are not eligible to compete.
General Conditions of Participation
1. Each Competitor represents and warrants that any materials he or she submits shall be wholly original material not published elsewhere; shall not violate any copyright, trademark or other applicable law; and shall not, to the best of the Competitor’s knowledge, constitute a defamation or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or an infringement of any kind, of any rights of any third party.
2. The Competitors shall comply with all applicable provisions of federal, state or local laws, rules and regulations throughout the duration of this Competition.
3. Competitors and Award Recipients agree to release Competition Affiliates from and against any liability or damages arising as a result of or otherwise related to their participation in the Competition.
4. The Sponsor may edit any Submissions for grammar and clarity.
5. No Submissions will be returned and all Submissions become the property of the Sponsor.
6. Awards are non-assignable and not transferable
Under no circumstances may a Competitor contact a Jury Member about a Submission. If a Competitor, or, if the Competitor is a team, any member of the team contacts a Jury Member about his or her own Submission or the Submission of any Competitor, the Competitor will be disqualified.
Contest Sponsor Rights and Responsibilities
The Competition Affiliates including but not limited to members of the Jury, University and Community Action for Racial Equity(UCARE), Student Council, and Black Student Alliance (BSA),
a. Are not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of application materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions of any kind or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive Submission information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or any website or combination thereof.
b. Are not responsible for any injury or damage to the Competitor’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any materials related to the Competition.
c. Are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, destroyed, delayed, or postage due mail or misdirected Submissions.
d. Are not responsible for any oversights, omissions, or errors on their part.
e. Reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the electronic method of access to the application if it becomes technically corrupted.
Exhibition and Publication
By registering for the Competition, the Competitors grant the Competition Affiliates and each of their respective agents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, and employees, an irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide and fully paid up license to make, have made, use, embody, reproduce, publish, exhibit, transmit, modify or otherwise utilize in any format now known or hereafter devised the Competitor’s Submissions and any and all portions thereof.
Ownership, Copyright and Patent
All materials submitted to the Competition shall become the sole property of the Competition Affiliates. The competition affiliates shall own any and all materials, 3-dimensional digital models, renderings, documentation, drawings, sketches, plans, mock ups or depictions in any format submitted of or as part of the Design as well as a fully paid up, non-exclusive, royalty-free license under any copyright or patent to make, have made, reproduce, modify, and distribute the completed Design itself. All physical materials and electronic copies of digital materials, which are furnished by the Award Recipient shall become the property of the Competition affiliates and none will be returned. Each Award Recipient will be required to enter into an Agreement which incorporates these terms and conditions.
Confidentiality of personal information will be maintained by use of reasonable means, subject to the following: By virtue of their Submission, Competitors agree that their names shall be available to the Competition Affiliates to use in any manner in which the competition affiliates deems appropriate. In addition, to the extent information submitted in the application is not information that the competition affiliates will endeavor to protect from disclosure pursuant to this paragraph, Competitors agree that such information shall be available to the competition affiliates to use in any manner in which the Sponsor deems appropriate. The competition affiliates will not assume or shall not be held responsible for any liability whatsoever for any disclosures of any information submitted by any Competitor, whether such disclosure is made inadvertently or otherwise by any Jury Member, staff, consultant, affiliate or other individual connected with, participating in, reviewing, hearing, or receiving information from or in connection with the Competition. The Competition affiliates will endeavor, in accordance with applicable law, to protect from disclosure any confidential and/or proprietary information that the Competitor and its owners submitted as part of the Registration or Submission process.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Registration, Agreement, documents, terms and conditions and the rights and obligation of Competitors, and the competition affiliates, in connection with the Awards or this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Each Competitor irrevocably agrees that the state and federal courts located in Charlottesville, Virginia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit or other proceeding arising out of, relating to or based upon the prizes or these official rules, and each applicant hereby waives any claim as to the convenience of such forum.
Termination and Modification
The competition affiliates reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this Competition and to change, modify, alter the terms and conditions governing this Competition at any time, without prior notice. Neither the Competition affiliates nor any of their officers, directors, employees, agents and insurers shall be responsible for any damage, loss, inconvenience or injury suffered by any Competitors due to any termination, withdrawal, changes, substitutions, rescheduling, or for any reason whatsoever.